- the Settlement Countdown,
- the Futures Contracts Spreads,
- the Fair Price calculator, and
- Volatility Index Graphs
We also strive to acquire and produce educational content for bitcoiners interested in trading and especially futures, such as:
Finally, we try to produce up to date market analysis and articles to keep our readers up to date on all relevant news that affects bitcoin markets, and also any technical movements in the price.
We have plans this year for expanded content creation. As mentioned in our new policy, there will no longer be blogposting access given to anyone except the owner. However, we are still interested in purchasing high quality content or unique tools for bitcoin traders.
I am extremely excited about the prospects for bitcoin this year. There's four main points I want to highlight to illustrate why:
- With the blockreward halving just a few months away, the rate of increase in the supply of coins will be falling which will mean less sell pressure from miners who choose to dump their fresh coins on the market. This is bullish overall.
- Bitcoin development is looking strong. The block size limit debate and Classic uprising has finally subsided. Segregated Witness is going to allow for a soft increase in blocksize which will lift the ceiling significantly as new technology like Lightning Network can facilitate many payments, not just settlement.
- Many new exciting bitcoin/crypto services coming online -- OpenBazaar, Augur, and many VC-funded outlets are gaining steam, with BlockStream getting over $50 million in investments as well. We now have a semi-developed futures market which makes pricing a lot more efficient and any price increase will be a lot more sustainable than the last time we broke $1,000.
- The Ethereum bubble indicates strongly that market interest in cryptocurrencies is not going anywhere anytime soon. Bitcoin will rise in relevance too as it will always be the settlement for these other alternative cryptocurrencies. We are here to stay and the world's only true 24/7 market will always have a following and sufficient money pumped into it to make a living for traders many years to come.
These events are bound to create volatility, and while I am personally bullish, there's a lot of suspicion that we may have some fakeouts or other reasons that the price falls. Furthermore, if price rises, more people who have owned bitcoin in the $200-$300 range will have massive gains that they need to protect.
And what is the best way to protect value in bitcoin? Well bitcoin futures of course. That's where we come into play and we hope to educate a whole generation of intelligent bitcoin traders and normal bitcoiners who are well informed to perform basic hedges of their fiat value using futures contracts.
We are in 2016 where it is easy now to margin trade BTC/USD and to use derivatives like bitcoins and forwards to manage risk. This isn't an altcoin where traders can only buy and sell spot, there's more and more efficiencies which allow for a better representation of price.
Stay tuned for some exciting new content ahead.